Wednesday, September 15, 2004

AJ: off to the druggist

I quickly boxed up my finds, got everything packed into the car, and headed out. coming out the street I turned the corner to my next stop. My shopping list. There were two drug stores to choose from shoppers, and lawtons. I chose Lawtons, because it was right next to a Needs, and I could drop everything off on my way through.

The trip to the drug store was prettyuneventful. There were none of those things milling around. I quickly made my way through, getting a few over the counter stuff. A few essentials, stuff for the kids. Now the real problem began. The druggist counter was covered by a roll down metal grid thingy. The only way to get in there was to get past the lock. I could shoot it out, but a gunshot would definatly draw those things. It did no good to batter it, the thing was designed with that in mind.

I was going to have to risk the shot.

Those medications were worth gold now. I took a note from a movie i saw once. I took a 2l pepsi bottle and emptied it out. Taking some tape I put it to the muzzle and taped it into place. I wasn't sure how much that would muffle the sound, but it was surely better than nothing. Taking aim at the lock I said a silent prayer. In the quiet store the boom sounded like a clap of lightning. I couldn't tell if my homemade silencer failed or if my mind was playing tricks on me. Luckily though a repeat would not be necessary. After pulling the tape and bottle off of the gun barrel I opened the cage.


It was a veritable treasure chest once inside. I made sure to fill out everything on the list. Grabbing bottle after bottle. Antibiotics, pain killers, everything I could recognize. I have to admit aside from my list, and a general knowledge of medication I was flying blind. I wasn't exactly in the mood to stop to read up on them either. It didn't take long before my bags were full. It took a few trips before I got all the stuff I knew about loaded into the car. A quick survey of the shelves brought up some toiletries, some treats, and a some toys for the kids.

I was in the middle of loading everything up when I saw the next one. This one was shambling over the bridge in town. It was very clearly a nurse, and had died a horrifying death. It was covered in gore and was missing its left arm. I didn't want to stick around and have to deal with her so I finished loading, and headed out. Keying into one of the walkie talkies I got the building. We quickly unloaded the stuff, and carried it in through the metal pull up delivery door on the side of the building.

0 Comments: